View Single Post
Old 07/11/2007, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

15g frag tank plan

I'm setting up a really basic frag tank to grow out some of my leathers, shrooms, zoas, and clove polyps. So it doesn't have to be anything fancy. My plan is to use the 15g I had sitting around the house and sit on top of our old microwave stand which is very sturdy. As of right now I have made the "tables" using eggcrate my dad had and some pvc pieces leftover from other rpojects. I'm using a HOB filter I had on my first reef tank (same tank too!). I may also add a HOB refugium at some point just because I want to try that out. I'm using a pump from my nanocube since I replaced it. I think that should be enough flow, if you think otherwise let me know. As far as lights, I'm looking for a 130 watt PC fixture, but may also use a 65 watt fixture I have while I look. I'm planning on using crushed coral for the substrate sinc eI have some leftover from my other tank. Do you think going with live sand would be better? I'm planning on using some water from my display to start it up.

Any suggestions? I'll hopefully be moving the tank and stand inside tonight. Thanks for any tips!