View Single Post
Old 01/05/2008, 11:26 AM
Premium Member

Exclamation Help! My Yellow Belly Tang is Laying on its Side

I'm not sure what's wrong with my yellow belly tang. He's laying on his side and breathing heavy. Looks like he got bitten pretty hard, one of his fins is almost all gone. At first, I thought he had ick. I had come home and he was laying on his side, had some minor white spots on him, but overall, his color was good and didn't look like other fish I've seen with ick before.

I decided to put him into a breeders net to keep him safe from the other fish and wait over-night before treating him with anything. He's now made it for 2 days, but he's still laying on his side that had gotten bit. I've tried to feed him. He's not eating. He does swim around, every so often, but then goes to lay down pretty quickly.

I've had him now for about 4 months and he was a baby. He's been growing rapidly and has always been doing well until now. The other fish in the tank include 3 damsels (which I think bit him), 4 bangaiis, 2 clownfish. I just put in a sleeper gold head goby.

I did my water testing and everything looks good. All other fish and corals in the tank look good. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it!