Thread: EuroReef Club
View Single Post
Old 11/13/2007, 02:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NewSchool04
I posted this on my thread that I started about the new skimmer but thought that I might get some response here also:

I'm having a problem with the water rushing out of the drain. What is everyone doing to stop the water fall effect. This is especially bad if I start to adjust the pipe more towards closed. This makes the water rush out of the drain.

I now have the 90 elbow at a 45 degree angle but this doesn't seem to help. The directions state that the drain shouldn't be under the water line and if I turn the 90 elbow straigt down, it will be under the water line? Really, the only choice seems to be no elbow and have the water rushing right out of the drain or put the elbow on the drain and point it at an angle. Either way is loud.

What is everyone doing to calm down the waterfall? My two old ER's had the water draining from the top of the adjustment pipe and it would just gently flow down the pipe into the sump, hardly a sound at all.
I tried a couple of things:

1) submerge the drain half-way into the water
2) tie a filter bag to the drain

I stuck with option #2

My Gen-x pump is also very loud, and am also waiting for the redesigned part. In the meantime, I ordered the Eheim. While it is very quiet, performance doesn't match the Gen-X.