Thread: Our Tbs
View Single Post
Old 08/07/2006, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

I was feedign everythign seperate and it was driving me nuts and i was having a hell of a time with hair algae, so I took all my fish foods, including favious frozen seeafood, reef chilli sweetwater's zooplankton, and a phytiplankton (micro-vert i believe) and made up my own food, threw the seafood and some RO water in the blender and ground it up nice and small, then threw in some of the rest and froze the whole shebang into ice cubes - i throw one cube in my sump a week and everything pigs out on it, feeding off pods, algae, etc the rest of the week - the algae has begun to subside big time and everything else seems to be doing fine. the only things i spot-feed anymore are the "big predators (anemone and serpent star) who get a piece of shrimp or krill each a few times a week.

My tbs corals dont appear to be doing any worse than when i was feeding fish food daily and filter feeder food every 2-3 days, the onyl thing suffering is nuisance algae - I say doing any worse because under my MH lighting many of them have been slowly declining from day 1