View Single Post
Old 07/10/2005, 12:26 AM

So I see fursphere's overflow, and that is exactly what i am talking about. Look at fursphere's post on 11/11/2004 03:37 PM. The second picture shows it best. This is a great flow design to be sure, but how will you be able to maintain it? In fact, earlier in that thread, someone else talks about each tang having 30gph flow and making sure there is a margin because of coraline growth and other obstructions.

I love the way it looks, but imagine if you carved out the top plate for clearance and installed a removeable overflow comb like the one I gave you the link for. Same functional advantages, but way better for maintainance...turn your pumps off, pull it out, scrape it clean, back in and pumps back on. No hands in the tank etc. It's a small revision with a lot of function.

I never bothered with halides on my FW planted even though I have one. I use a Lunar Aqualight with twin 6700K compact florescent lamps on a slightly staggered cycle. For "off-the-shelf" I think it does a great job, and I like the moonlights to check out the crazy night action in my tank. Barr Report? Hell, I'm just wingin' it!--J