View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 08:03 PM
Hey sweetheart ;)

Hey Tony - it has been a while. Hope you had a good new year.

IME this year in Toronto apx. 85% of the acans imported into Canada get re-exported to the US (excluding the first 10 acans imported). This includes all the nice ones, and lets be honest, the aussie acans imported to Canada have been some of the best seen to date. One of our stores has the best supplier hands down and generally speaking they are all essentially premium pieces! Bottom line if you are not interested in buying 30 acans or som you got no chance at the nicest one's.

If you knew what the vendors in the US were paying for these re-exported Canadian colonies you would appreciate that their prices are reasonable. I saw Clint's website when he updated it with the colonies for sale - mark-ups were very fair. As I mentioned earlier - I could have bought them in the US cheaper than I could have bought them in Canada before being re-exported. Clin't won't be retiring early from selling these.

The last time I bagged up an aussie acan I was told it was $1500 when it came time to pay!!!! Clearly it stayed at the store and was later "exported" at a much lower price.

Quote:
Originally posted by SPStoner
Hey Dave! Long time. I owe you a phone call.

I didn't realize this was happening also. I shouldn't be surprised as I was aware of several US busineses doing this for other non-Aussie corals before. So, are you saying that these places get in say 100 pieces and all of them go to the States? Or, just the choice stuff?

2 Ampmaster 3000's (R&CL)
MTC HSA 1000 Skimmer on a PCX 100
MTC Procal Calcium Reactor

SPS dominated reef