View Single Post
Old 01/05/2008, 07:10 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by daytonreefRob
Thanks for posting the pics.

We are working to perfect the meshmod, we are putting three layers of Enkamat on them. We have found that if the mesh is not trimmed closely, the pumps do not always restart. We actually water test each and every pump after they are modded before they get shipped.

Please feel free to provide constructive criticism, we want to make these the best we possibly can.
Rob,
Mesh wheel is an inexact science and i don't anticipate having a "perfect" product when dealing with that factor. I do feel that the mesh on my stock impeller was a little sloppy and uneven, and when the mesh isn' t balanced it leads to air surges and inconsistent performance IME. I have enkamat laying around (and a spare impeller) so this really isn't an issue for me, but for those less experienced with a mesh based impeller might be frustrated.

I'm still getting used to the "free floating" venturi and air restrictor. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet it's just too early to tell. I did have the restrictor float away upon pump shutdown once....am I doing something wrong here or is intended to just sit in the pump intake?

The only solid constructive criticism I can give at this early evaluation time is that the included air tubing should be replaced ASAP. It's just too thin walled and prone to kinking.

Appreciate you looking in on this thread and if you have any other comments let me know.