View Single Post
Old 08/09/2007, 01:32 AM
g0t fIsH

Quote:
Originally posted by melev
I was just thinking it was pretty impressive for a guy that never ran a reef tank before.

What do the three pipes flowing down into the middle of the sump do? And is that a drip tray area, or just a sponge to stop microbubbles?
all those lonely nights working till 5am all by myself. i do sit back and think about all the time i glue every little pc of fitting, cut to fit pvc and etc. how i managed to get this far. oh don't forget Marc that this is my first display ever, i have never even owned a 5gal freshwater tank before in my life. the pic you see here without the cabinets was taken few months ago, not a recent pic. 2 1.5" are overflows from main display and 1 1.5" in the rear is from frag display. yes thats drip tray area which will be modified soon to hold filter material and foam pads came from manufacture but i will not be using them. baffles will be built very soon to stop microbubbles issues.

i will make this very clear to all that is viewing my thread. MY FIRST REEF TANK EVER. there i said it whew.... i know what i did is crazy, but if you ask around for help, study on numerous website, threads all through the night. this will be become a reality. i think the easy part is over for me and now entering the hardest part of reef keeping, making sure all livestock are in great condition, learning the entire ecosystem and maintaining water parameters at all times. IMO this is the most challenged part of any reef keeping.
(red house for 600gal)