View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 02:43 PM
Premium Member

no kidding on the instructions thing. they suck. i'm pretty dumb, and i have been reading this thread and the "has anyone recieved their skimmer thread", looking for clues to put it together right. i ordered the mesh mod kit that luke posted on the other thread. so be expecting some questions from me when that gets here

mine's still in the box(MSX 160), i don't even have salt in the tank yet. but from looking at it, it seems to me to be a good build, much better than the euro reef i had for my old 55g.

2 questions though, for the small black tapered peice(i think it's the venturi? i'm skimmer dumb), which end goes in the pump? tapered or straight. sorry luke, i guessed by your saying the small end, you meant the staight, but i'm not sure. if it's the tapered end, do i want the taper up or down?

the other question is i think i want to put a gate valve mod on it. do i have to do this? my reasoning is it will be easier to adjust. if this is a good idea, where do i put the gate valve? before or after the riser?

anybody live in southern WI that can help an idiot like me with this?