Thread: Azno3
View Single Post
Old 09/27/2007, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Hey Cthetoy,
I saw what you posted here about the this reactor.I just set mine up 2 days ago.I got the Sul.reactor from Koralin with the media.I'm feeding it with a Aqua lift pump,the drip goes in the bottom of the feed line of the Cal reactor.It's a closed loop,with the Sulphur feed line.It's and old MRC calcium reactor.I take the PVC pipe out of the center of it.And drilled holes,making a spray bar inside.So the Sulphur stays in the reactor a long time.And hoping the Sul will eat up the ARM media.But I haven't saw any post as what I've done.As for the closed loop theory.As for maintaining ALK,Cal levels just yet.It's been running only 2 days,operation is doing fine.I'm looking now for tests results as I go.But it takes time for the Sulphur to kick in.Do you know anyone that has done this long term.As for the Sul vs Cal media?I would think being it's a closed loop,Eff drip rate would be more stronger brew here? I'm looking to get low Nit.and reasonable Alk and Cal readings.Only time will tell.Maybe some folks can chime in here,that's been doing this long term.But the guy I got it from it did lower his Traits.And was very happy with the reactor.Other than he broke down his tank.
Thanks Guys