Thread: Our Tbs
View Single Post
Old 07/13/2005, 10:16 AM
Invertebrate Advocate

Hey all,

Dr Ron, identified my snail as: "It is a trochoidean, probably a small individual of a Turbo haraldi.. " These are excellent algae grazing snails, so I got another GOOD hitchhiker

I also managed to kill off my "arnold"...you might say he was terminated? I think that is the last gorilla crab.

I decided to "cook" three of my pieces of liverock as they were rapidly being taken over by a red turf type algae. Unfortunately I made a huge mistake when starting, I added a pitcher of freshwater to the bucket instead of saltwater, sending the salinity down to 1.19! DOH! I wouldn't have been too worried about it, except I had a urchin in there that refused to come off one of the rocks and also one of my bisma worms. Unfortunately the urchin died and the bisma ejected from its home...so it will probably die too

For those who have never seen it, here is a bisma(related to Christmas tree worms) out of its home, followed by a pic of the turf algae that caused this mess.

On a slightly happier note, here are some new zoas under my QT light...in the store these things POP under actinics...3 more weeks and I'll see that in my tank Pat I think these are very similar to one of yours.

B.