View Single Post
Old 10/31/2007, 02:20 PM
Registered Member

Alright!
I've decided I'm going to drill holes in the tank for the sump.
I don't know however which size bulkheads and tubing to use.
I have decided with all the work that would go into building a HOB overflow I might as well just build an in the tank overflow out of acrylic. I will probably initially use a strainer type overflow at first until I can get the acrylic bent and shaped the way I want it.

As for the other parts of the tank I have the lights on their way right now and they should be here by the end of the week. I need to get my sand either through a LFS or through other outlets. I've started to make plans to build a stand for the tank. It already has a home but I will build the stand for it while I'm on christmas break.

So as of right now I have an empty 20H tank and a 10 gallon tank that's got freshwater fish in it ATM but will be changed around soon as to make clear it out for the sump/refugium. I will start cutting some baffles out of acrylic or plexi in the next couple days to have that ready. I still haven't decided on a return pump yet. I've got a pond type pump that flows about 200 gallons/hr which seems fairly decent but depending on my pipe size I'm pretty sure I'm going to be needing more than that. So i've looked into other pumps but I just don't have the knowledge as to how big I need it to be.

I will be buying bulkheads and the Hole saw as soon as I know. Also if anyone has a hole saw that just so happens to be the size I need would be more than willing to pay to "rent" it for a day so I can drill the holes. Otherwise I'll buy from ebay as I'm sure they're much cheaper there and I only need drill 4 holes.