View Single Post
Old 10/09/2007, 02:59 PM
Addicted to the Reef

no picts cause nothing has really changed. any time i have free time i end up being really tired ( usualy after work)

but anyways
plans for the next few weeks ( with lots of picts as soonnnnn as i start i promise! and this time they will be nice picts cause im gonna borrow g/f's camera! ( no more red blur!!!)

air cooling of the mh system ( a 3 inch intake from the attic connecting the two halides and then exausting out side) essentialy putting the halides outside and removing the addition of some 1200 btu/h to the room!

next will be an exaust fan for the whole room im looking now at building my own since i can get 100 times the air flow for the same price as a bathroom exaust
im looking at a 650 cfm system for about 45 bucks HELL YEAH!! only pulls 200 watts ( not that much when you consider how much an ac unit pulls)
step after that will be an ac unit (havent decided size yet!)

step after that will be a electronic controll system that will basicaly do the following

if temp inside >70-75 and >by atleast 4 degrees temp outside then run exaust fan turn off ac. ( why run the fan if the garadge is already cool enough)
if else turn on ac ( ac set at 76 )

both with a 10 minute restart timer
this will be accomplished using a solorpool heater controll system a relay and an ac themostat all wired together very dangourusly ( lol)
this set up i belive will alow maximum energy savings
and will only cost my about 200 bucks in electronics ( sounds like alot but consider this ac unit raised my electric by 50 - 100 bucks amonth)

"to many tanks not enough r/o"