View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 10:19 AM
Tank Collector

Quote:
Originally posted by ostrow
My pump covers were not simply drilled or dremel-ed. I can say that for sure. Well, the first one one dremel-ed but the other two were done more professionally. Unless you get your pumps from Shan, though, you will not get a new cover. Isn't his separate mod kit just mesh and intake reducer? I know the kit doesn't include a new pump cover!

I've seen these pumps pull well over 25lpm on an 8.5" skimmer diameter. Michael got over 35lpm on an 8" Euro-Reef body. But if the air jumps once disconnected then quite obviously something about the design is negatively affecting the performance. It would be good to figure out what that is.
Can you get some good shots of your pump covers, my buddy runs a CNC and i'm sure I could clean mine up more.... just need a reference cover....

I think that arguing about the scfh on the 160 is about a done deal... I think like luke and joker that you dont need any more than that on a 6.5" body skimmer,,,,, it's working great the way it is.... When you start talking the MSX200 and MSX250, THATS where we should be looking to get these larger numbers...

Yes the new kit from him is just a new reducer and new mesh.... I plan on re-doing the mesh myself (im anal about that kinda thing) and then cleaning up the pumps if they need any more (I dont think they do) after seeing your cover.