View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 01:48 AM
Tank Collector

Quote:
Originally posted by ostrow
jokerjp: The description of the mod needed to the cover is in the sicce pump thread. The one I linked to is just on my skimmer.

bad: Don't think I can make the game this time. Too bad I have enormous "frags" I could have brought. I can't see very well what I need to in those pics ... bit dark ... but it does look like it is dremel-ed out. If so, I can't for the life of me figure why you folks are only getting 15lpm on these pumps. I have 3 pulling 21-22lpm. When my skimmer was 2-pump both pulled 25-27lpm.

Something is wrong. Those first pics of the mesh look like awfully shoddy work to me. On these covers, if they are corrected it seems they were done with a dremel, not a CNC.

But, then again, these are made-in-China, dirt cheap skimmers. Prob to be expected.
Im guessing alot of the numbers on his is the difference of the skimmer sizes.... Unless im not understanding all of this (which could easily be... ) When he disconnected the pump from the body his air meter was pegged (so over 24 lpm at 36 watts. )

Would the fact that his skimmer body diameter is only 6.5" versus your 10" body skimmer make a difference ??? I'm guessing it would, but i'm not as knowledgeable as alot of you on these skimmers and their air numbers.

I do think the meshwheels were rushed because they were already running late due to customs and the holidays, but I'm guessing they will get that all ironed out....

The pumps are the same ones you're using, so I dont know about the cheap made in China comment... I also don't think they are "dirt cheap" skimmers... mine seems to be VERY well made, I just didnt feel like blowing $700 on a skimmer with one sicce pump, when I can get a much larger (and better designed IMO) one with 2 sicce pumps for $475.

I would say once I get my orca mods from protein-skimmer in and installed, we can test my MSX250 out and see how it goes if you would be up for it.... I only have a kill a watt, not an air meter....