View Single Post
Old 12/27/2007, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Elliott
I believe the article was published in March 2007, his previous article "Too Much Light" was published in July 2004.

You are right, there are so many ways to achieve success in this hobby, which means there is no single right way to do things. The problem is there are far more ways to fail!
I've seen a few examples where the light is less than what you'd expect and the corals are fine. The first was acro's kept under flouro's, and they looked good. This was at a MASS (Marine Aquarium Society Sydney) meeting, and the host was discussing the success of keeping these corals in lesser light. The only down side was the growth is slow. Mind you, he is looking to upgrade to t5's.

I've seen at Fish stores in Sydney, where sps and clams are kept under pc lighting only. It's a display tank and all the corals looked healthy.. Not all shops do this, most use metal halide, but from all the shops I've seen todate, they all keep their corals that are for sale under flouor's Makes it hard to know what colour an acro will be.