View Single Post
Old 12/27/2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chris wright
Reef or marine. I know the parameters are a little low, easily fixed, but I have not had a problem with it.

What do you think of Tropic Marine Pro, it's cost effective compared to the other salts. Trouble with the labels they all claim to be great, but.......
See what I do is when I am about ready to buy salt, I get a bucket of each and test them. The last time I tested TMP, I didn't like the results. I got a nasty-gram from there distributor telling me that the Pro has lower numbers because Pro users supplement. I understand where he's coming from, but I evaluate salt by cost and whether it fits my needs. I like my salt to have batch numbers like TMP and OceanPure Pro, as well as dKh of 8 - 10, and Ca of 385 - 450.

Once I have found a batch I like, I buy a large amount. I usually buy 2,400 to 4,800g worth at a time. I also really don't believe in sticking with a favorite salt. I think this is a huge mistake. I believe each salt will be high or low in various elements we cannot or do not test for, and that sticking with one will deprive the system of elements over the long term. Just a thought for you!