View Single Post
Old 12/23/2007, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DarG
Those are both supposed to be nice fixtures but they do have smallish reflectors for the halides like most combos. You wont get a full 36" spread with high intensity but I can see that you already realize this ... so keep high light lovers from the ends like you intend to do. The thing with T5 reflectors though is that they dont really throw any intense light beyond the ends of the bulbs, only throughout the length of the reflector. So, they arent going to contribute much to adding par to the 6 inches on either end. That's going to be all on what the halide reflector is able to throw. But it sounds like you know the limitations so you know what you have to work with.

Any thoughts on a 36" long combo with a single center halide but full length T5's? Do anyone make one in the class of the two 24" units you are considering?
There are several 36" fixtures and the 2 I also researched were the Maristar and Sunpod HQI/T5 combos. If I do decide to go that route it would be the Maristar 2x150w + 2 T5 model. The Maristar is the closest thing I have seen in the Elos/Giesemann class but I still like the looks of those better. It seems that there are trade offs for every piece of equipment I'm considering so once my stand is finished being built I'll have to bite the bullet and make a decision.