View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Serioussnaps
I remember the thread and I agree with him. I think it is hilarious how people get reamed up the you know what and then talk about how nice some guy is. Of course he is nice to you! He just reamed you out for a nice chunk of change. Remember smiling faces tell lies.

He wasn't referring to a website but a thread where people talked Clint up and he basically said it was a mockery and they jumped on him.

This was when they FIRST started to be imported and Clint was selling thousand(s) dollar colonies to folks claiming how great a deal they were getting. Before places like Atlantis even had them on their sites FWIW.

I think paying that much for a coral that is imported like wildfire now is a joke. Go buy some stock and get rich(er).
Thinking about it, I think its farily reasonable that Clint was selling colonies for thousand(s). And if I do remember correctly those were huge colonies. At least 50-80 polyps right? Those weren't small 15 - 20 polyp colonies. So if he was selling them for $200 a polyp, that means your saying he was selling those colonies for about $10,000? No way.

I remember seeing colonies on his site for like $1500 to $2500, but yet those were really big colonies. In my opinion, those prices weren't crazy. Taking into consideration.
1. Who had them?
2. Those were huge colonies
3. Acan craze
4. Aussie stuff just hit

So if you want to and have to be one of those people who are the first to have it, have something no one has, and you $2000 to spend. Go for it.

I for one have never bought anything from Clint. I have talked to him one the phone. And yes he was nice. He didn't even ream me yet. Maybe I had potential.

So I'm clear. You're stating that when someone is nice to me after I bought something from them, I just got reamed? And the vendors who are jerks to me are actually giving me a good deal?

And those analogies I threw out, were outrageoues. Thats my point. A college is not a college. A shooting guard is not a shooting guard. Wine is not wine. An acan is not an acan.

One thing is if you don't even want or care about aussie corals then yes you won't understand why people pay what they do. Just like I don't collect palys, I wouldn't pay $50 or $40 or whatever purple deaths go for. Just not my cup of tea. However I would pay and did pay $100 for 3 polyps of a rainbow aussie acan.

And BigE did state he's not into LPS, so that basically explains why he doesn't understand paying that much for lords. He doesn't even really like them.