Thread: EuroReef Club
View Single Post
Old 05/27/2007, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

EuroReef Tec1- It must be the base rock I added to the tank today. I made this pillar with pvc and zip ties and didn't wash off the rock before I put it in the tank. I was afraid I'd never figure out how I had it if I took it apart. I had no idea base rock would put that much junk in the tank.

Another problem may be my flow through the sump. My pump is way oversized. I ordered another that has about 1/2 the flow I have now so I hope that will help with the bubble problem, not to be confused with the foam problem.

The water in the tank is RO/DI water and I ran everything for a few days with no problem till I put the base rock in.

About the skimmer, the air valve is used to bring the foam up or down inside the neck? What does turning the tube above the water outlet do? It looks like the water level is almost even with the locking coupler, there is a little brown water in the cup, but the foam is squeezing out around the collection lid now. I have the tube set to "open" and the air adjustment knob closed a little.

edit: I am getting slurping noises from the top of the adjustment pipe too.

Last edited by Uncle Boo; 05/27/2007 at 08:18 PM.