View Single Post
Old 03/23/2007, 08:04 AM
Registered Member

I'll agree and disagree.

I think it was mentioned above, that if you think desginer-named sps prices are off the wall, check what people are asking for funky-named zoas. With so many different possible color combinations, all you have to do is come up with a killer name for it, and the price triples. SDguy, I think all the stores have done is followed these boards and see what people are willing to pay, and charge accordingly. All they've done is jump on the badwagon.

So is this unique? Not really. I think any of us that have other hobbies and passions see that there's elitism in all of them. And that's the element that drives up prices for certain items for people who have to have it, and are willing to pay the price.

Remember when Acans were all of a sudden this have to have coral? I remember seeing prices in low 4 figures! That was absuolutely insane, just like $25 a polyp for whatever color PPE palys. I wouldn't pay that, but some will. does that ruin the hobby? Probably not. I've seen far more of people willing to swap and give away frags than those trying to turn their lving room dsiplay tank into a museum display of the rarest and most expensive.

I don't know Steve Tyree, but is he related to LE, lol?!