View Single Post
Old 07/26/2007, 09:28 PM
Excuse My French...

Day 29 - Thursday July 26th

- I turnt the lights off during the day to limit the growth of the algea. Lights will be on from about 7pm to 10pm for a while.

- I spent some time removing by hand as much as I could of the green stuff... Slimy and stinky.

- I cleant again the rocks, siphoning out snail poop and other debris. Topped-off the tank: That's about one gallon water change or 3%...

- One of my Astrea died. I had to remove it.

Here is a picture as of today - after "cleaning". That's still a lot of green. One of the Astrea is working hard on the center rock which looks promising with pink coralline. Well I hope it is coralline... Could someone confirm?

Here is now the fancy trails of one of the snails, grazing on the green haze algea that grows on the glass.

- I tested nitrites with a 0.05ppm reading and nitrates for 50ppm. Better but still far from good.

- I plan another 30% water change this weekend.

GDESQUIRE: I am concerned about introducing more animals in this water that still has nitrites. I have the feeling that I introduced my cleanup crew a bit too early...