View Single Post
Old 12/30/2007, 11:03 PM
Team RC Member

To contribute to this conversation, my feeding regimen is similar to Jonathan's. I do use garlic in the mix, and I only use fresh seafood from a good grocery store. I do not use brine (poor nutrition if it's not gut loaded) or plankton, and my vitamins consist of Selcon and Zoe. Before mixing it up in a food processor the ingredients are rinsed in RO/DI, and I use the same freezing technique as mentioned. I don't strain my food, however. I break off as much as I want to feed and drop it into the Wavebox. I turn off the sump return pumps. No need for food to go into the overflow and sump, as far as I'm concerned. I do leave the closed loop and wavebox on for the same reasons Jonathan mentioned. Since there's nori in my food mix I don't add nori (or broccoli) to the clip every day. I probably only do this 2 or 3 times/week, actually.

As for an update on my tank, I'm happy to say that after 48 hours the ich is almost completely gone from the PBT. Today I did a water change, siphoned sand, changed filter socks, and tweaked the Ca reactor as the calcium/alk demand has increased a little recently. I'm starting to see a little coralline algae growing on the return nozzles and overflow acrylic (FINALLY!), and the new frags are definitely growing already. Sorry for the lack'o pics. You'll notice that my first listed interest is my daughter, and as it was beautiful today in Austin, all of my non-maintenance time was spent with her. Again, sorry to disappoint, I'll try to make it up to you all soon.