View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Hmm, ever tried using a Wife Goby? They do an excellent job of cleaning tanks....

(that was my funny for the day and I wholeheartedly apologize to any females... I share the housework 50/50 with my wife and believe that's the only way it should be).

Anyhow, it sounds alright, but I know what you mean... I battled nuisance algae for 3yrs but finally seem to have things under control.

I have a 90gallon with a 30gallon sump. I have a small Coralife 18 watt lamp on some chaeto in my sump. I use a fantastic Aqua-C RemoraPro Skimmer (the best on the market in my opinion for this size tank). I have about 90lbs of liverock in tank and 25lbs liverock in sump with the display tank water splashing directly over the sump liverock. I have been using a Tunze Wavebox in one corner to get total water flow side to side. I do 5gallons of RO/DI/week water changes. I do get a bit of nuisance algae on the front of the tank but my Kole Tang does a wonderful job of cleaning everything but the front. For the first time in years, I haven't had cyano... and i think it's because of the total waterflow from the wavebox.

I haven't had my Kole Tang long, 4months, but I must say I have never seen a fish eat algae like it!