View Single Post
Old 09/12/2004, 10:45 AM
lift it up tallways

Redmond's Reef and Aquamedic:

This won exhibit of the year. No mystery to me. Tis was the aquamedic display. The real attention-getter was the system built by Reefcentral Sponser, Jeremy Redmond of redmondreef.com. Just before I left, I decided to hassle someone to find out who made this AWESOME tank. The guy I chose to hassle was Jeremy. He had quietly watched people ooo and awww about his creation all day long.

Notice anything different? There's good flow in there, but the surface is perfectly flat.

The sump and all filteration was also built by www.redmondreef.com The AB oceanlights were very actractive over this system.

Here's what took me 3 trips to the booth to figure out: The water actually overflows over the sides of this tank, and there is a thin, uniform film of water flowing down the outside of the tank. This flows into a 'moat' that drains down to the sump. The bottom of the tank was fed by 2 large oceanrunner pumps, which kept enough water flowing down over the sides to give a nice uniform sheet of water. 5 out of 5 for acrylic work, presentation, and fooling most of Macna. I had to get my sleeve wet before figuring it out.

And this is what you get when you take a picture looking up at the surface.

Feel free to post your macna pics. Please, no gossip. I don't want this thread closed.

Regards,

Ewan
(Rob Feeney for everyone staring at my name tag yesterday trying to figure out who the heck I was)