View Single Post
Old 04/22/2005, 01:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by unoit
Its terrible you couldnt have heard what he said about you after you won a majority of the items in the raffle at the csea xmas party and then at the first club meeting. Enjoy your new club buddy!! You should be careful on how quick you are to defend someone not knowing all the facts. Mr Lang had a black list of people who werent even allowed to attend the meetings before the first one was set. Mr. Lang made it known he didnt want to get corals from Salty Critter which are free donations but rather BUY them from his buddies store only, whos best interest does this serve?HUMMMMM!!!
I'm glad I don't hear everyone's inner comments when I hit a lucky streak. I heard enough. We should remember. It's not winning the prizes, but supporting a club's activities by buying the raffle tickets or winning a silent auction that's important. I may win more than some but it's because on the average I buy a lot more tickets at a lot more clubs. At times I buy over $100 of tickets and don't win one prize. Then I get to make the inner comments. Besides, I'd rather trade in what luck I've had winning raffle prizes, and the silent auction, for one $205 million winning lottery ticket.

It's time for you to support the idea of a club and abandon the cattiness. Connections that people might have with who they know are not permanent features of a club. Such things, or their perceptions, change like the wind, but a club keeps going on. It's in the long term self interest of pet shops and their employees to support the clubs evenhandedly.

Keep talking if you want. You're making my point better than I ever could.