View Single Post
Old 05/28/2007, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

250G

First of I would like to say one more time congratulation on making tank of the month. I have seen many tanks in person and here on Reef-central in my life. But I must say that your tank is just amazing. It has me thinking about some changes I just might make on my own tank…..your system is truly an inspiration to me. I have a couple of questions that maybe you can answer. You mention that you are using 400 WATT 20K XM BULBS. Do you feel that theses bulbs need to be replaced often to keep there spectrum? I always wanted to use them but many have posted that they loose there color after the 6 month mark and that would be too costly for me. Have you experienced this first hand? Also what 400 watt bulbs have your tried and what made you to stay with the XM? The reason I am asking is because I have recently upgraded to a 400 watt system on my 120 cube and was looking to get better color on My Sps. I also have 150W VHO of actinic as a supplement to give with a 400 watt ushio 10k bulb on icecap electronic ballast a pleasing color balance. I am still not happy though with the color of the corals.

OK my second question n I hope will not be too hard for you to answer. How can you get away from not doing water changes? I have read countless hours of material thru out my years in the hobby ( over 20 years ) an every were it says to change between 5% and 20 % depending on the size of the tank. Do you have a dosing system for additives like ZEOVIT or tropic marin additives these are just examples and any others out there………TO EVERYONE READING THIS POST I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL THESE PRODUCTS OR HYPE THEM UP. I am just trying to mimic 250g system as it is a truly remarkable accomplishment. Thanks once again for not only sharing your system and tank pictures with everyone but for truly being an inspiration to me.

Thanks
Michael Iezza
AKA trueblackpercula
IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE.......
BAREBOTTOM ALL THE WAY®