View Single Post
Old 05/28/2007, 08:08 AM
Hey sweetheart ;)

Re: frags

Thanks. The external overflow is a wonderful design feature IMO. However, I would not have had the overflow extend all the way to the bottom of the tank (esentially the same hight as the tank). Wasted space. My old tank has an external overflow that was about 6"x 6" on the back of the tank. This way, I could have closed loop intakes/returns across the middle of the tank. Also, 1/4" acrlylic was poorly laminated to the back glass. Not only does this result in week overflow teeth, the acrylic has now bowed, making it difficult to clean my back panel with a flat scraper. You need to use 3/8" acrylic, like on my other tank.... ok you should use it...that's just me.

Dual external or single external, think either would work but a single is less expensive and would accomplish the same thing. I like to have 2 - 2" drains to ensure there are never any issues.

Quote:
Originally posted by jwccwj
250g great tank,I love it! I have a question about your external overflow,you said you would'nt have designed it this way in the beginning of your thread what do you mean by this?Is it because its coast to coast or something else.The reason I ask is im soon ordering a tank of silimilar size and I am struggling with my decision to go with dual external overflows or a single central external overflow?Do you recommend the external or would you go internal if you had your time back?

Thanks.
Indeed Right across Canada From BC to NS. Need to pay my hydro and water bill...have a shipment going to BC today.

Quote:
Originally posted by Blaster
do you ship frags in canada?
2 Ampmaster 3000's (R&CL)
MTC HSA 1000 Skimmer on a PCX 100
MTC Procal Calcium Reactor

SPS dominated reef