View Single Post
Old 08/21/2007, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiggsy
....The only way of shifting water behind the structure is via the return pipe that exits behind this....however, i dont believe that muck collecting behind rocks is a big deal if you have the right clean up crew (just my opinion) and also this rock is many times more "gappy" that a traditional stacking of rock. Good flow in the display will cause movement back there simply because the holes between the rear of the rock and the front are so well spaced (although they are not obvious due to the construction - it would be easy for any large tang to get between the front and rear of the rock in many different places - very open)....

Actually, i meant the gap between the glass, and the plastic grid the rock is on, (behind the back edge, and in between the bottom of the tank and the drocrations.

That gap caused by the grate would almost act like a gap left with an under gravel filter. It will create "deadwater" movement areas.

Also you say you used epoxy to seal it...did you "seal" the back side and bottoms of the pieces also???

I think what you got is GREAT looking, I just had some concerns on actual implementation, and livestock survival

Also the biodiversity will grow on EVERY surface of the decoration, so it will be like a huge Jinormus live rock piece within a few months.
But i would still recommend some fresh live rock in the sump/refugum.

Look forward to seeing it all in the tank

NOTE: Please forgive my spelling....lol, its the thought that counts right?