View Single Post
Old 03/09/2006, 10:12 PM
Flatworms = reef herpes.

Location: Southwest Missouri, where everyone wants something for free.
I'd go with Tropic Marin, I'm telling everyone, it's the best. It's lab grade, the same salt is used in breast implants and in hospitals all over the world, and from Germany. It's not cheap, but it's worth the investment. I went with Kent because it was supposed to be the best by word of mouth. After this, I really research, and my corals haven't looked better in years. I've used IO, Coralife, Kent, Reef Crystals, and a couple other off brands in my years of reefing and given them time, and Marin has been the best. I've used it for 2mts now and I'd just tell you to buy a bag/bucket and try it. You'll be hooked, and my reef is now turning around. I wish I would have taken pic's during the Kent crash for documentation, but hideside is 2020. I'll spend whatever it takes now. People go spend hundreds on lights, tanks, pumps, closed loops, and ultra rare, unique corals. They buy cal. reactors, tons of supplements, and then try to save a buck on salt. I've done it, and most reefers have. Thats the key though, cheap and cheap quality, whether you think or not. I've tried to save a buck here and there, use this, use that, and found in reefing that if you just spend the money and do it right the first time you save money in the long run. I wish I had the money I spent on trying to cut corners over the years. But now it's done right, and the salt may cost more all at once, but if you just figure it per gallon, it's only cents. Just like gas prices, they go up, but I keep on buying high octane, because that's what my car requires. I can buy 87 octane, but man the Chrysler 300 Hemi just won't run the same, and I'll screw it up in the long run, just trying to safe a buck here and there and then drop a load of cash I would not have, if I just would have spent a little more to prevent the problem. That's my comparison. Take it for what it's worth.
What's next, the big earthquake everyone's been talking about for years!