View Single Post
Old 03/09/2006, 12:17 PM
Invertebrate Advocate

Quote:
Originally posted by sherm71tank
I spoke with John from Kent Marine today on the phone. He said he received the salt sample I sent and had it analyzed. In fact the salt was low in alk and high in calcium like my tests showed. He asked what I wanted from him. I said "nothing, I was able to catch and correct the low alk before any of my animals died". I asked him if their salt was being made by someone else and he confirmed it is being made at the same facility that Coralife and a few others are being made at. This was a result of them being bought by Central. I said that's to bad it happened and will be using Tropic Marin in the future. He agreed but that's what happens with big corporations. Looks like I won't be buying any more Kent products, a real shame in my book. Oh well, Tropic Marin here I come!
Did he happen to mention if the problem had been corrected? I am worried to switch to another salt. At least I still have one full 200gal bucket of Kent left (a good one, already tested).

Brian