View Single Post
Old 01/08/2006, 10:09 PM
Premium Member

Great job guys, I just added my A. Clarkii data. You mentioned that this was SQL, I think some queries are in order. I'm a network admin, not a DBA or programmer, but couldn't you make an open ended form that would allow me to search by "hatch rates based on tank temp" or "larvae survival based on day switched to NHBS."

It's an awesome source of info, but without success rates, it really doesn't tell me anything other than what other people are doing, right or wrong. I just got my first hatch through metamorphasis, 10 out of 50 aint bad for a first timer, but should my info as a newbie with less than 20% success really be given the same weight as someone who gets 80%?

Regardless, it's an awesome resource. I'm looking at it from a newbies standpoint though. What I would love to glean from it would be "what I am doing different than breeders with higher success rates", that's where the true benefit is.

So, after my long newbie rant, I vote to add initail # of larvae, and # reared successfully.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Jason