View Single Post
Old 11/21/2004, 08:40 PM
Registered Member

Breeder's Registry Breeding Poll for RC

Hey clownfish breeders----

After thinking about the Breeders registry and how slow it is I thought maybe we could kick stuff up a bit for them. Maybe we can do this for Reef Central too. My idea is some type of questionnaire like the Breeder’s Registry breeding questionnaire. This form could be adjusted if necessary so we start a database on clown and other species etc. Here is a link to their questionnaire,

http://www.breedersregistry.org/inputdat.htm

I think this could be very interesting to see in masses. So if we have 200 breeding accounts for ocellaris we may be able to get a feel for the average tank size, feeding schedule and other information that may be involved.

Can one of you computer savvy reefers make a form or poll much like that of the breeding questionnaire??? Or is there another route we can take? This new RC questionnaire or poll should be able to show averages of species and be able to look at each log or species individually. Does that make any sense?

I personally feel that this would really helpful for all of us in gathering more statistics on home breeding techniques. Not to mention it will help out Breeder’s Registry and increase their database.

I really think this can help for some of the less common species of clowns and other fish besides clowns.

Please don’t hesitate to respond. The more feedback we have the better.

Thanks reefers---

Morgman