View Single Post
Old 10/12/2005, 11:56 PM
Registered Member

Closed Loop Design: Need Advice!

Just looking for some opinions and comments on the semi closed loop setup I am trying to design for my buddy’s 75 gallon reef. Don’t mind the poor excuse for a purple tang, I just got bored. Also I think I’m over feeding him. Anyway both pumps are Mag 9.5 and the one running the Aqua C Remora EV-120 is a Mag 5. Tubing will be ¾â€? Schedule 40 PVC and the manifold will also be ¾â€? PVC accept the outlets for the ball socket tubing will be ½â€?(I used it because I figured I could point the outlet any which way I would like to). I am aware that reducing this to one half will give me more pressure at the ball socket tubing but will reduce overall GPH run through it. I just want it to move some water and reduce of eliminate to need for powerheads jumbling up the reef structure. Arrows indicated movement of water. The black triangles are flare nozzles and they will be mounted in the rear corners of the tank (it’s hard to show on a 2D picture). I didn’t include the Ball valves that would be in place, I’m just wondering if the overall design is good. Opinions, bashing, and suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is a closer look at the sump/fuge we hope to use: