View Single Post
Old 05/05/2006, 12:47 AM
Moved On

OK, so about 12 hours from now I'm gone and the Mandarins are going to be in Renee's charge I'm going to encourage her to post whatever she likes here, including any urgent needs for help so please be helpful in any way you can if she posts! I'll probably get two more larval photos up before I go...I'll have the camera so as long as we can collectively keep them alive through Sunday evening, I'll be able to get another set of pics then!!!

So here's my battle plan. I've seen NO mention of the sides being covered, but I will likely cover at least some of them before I go...still not sure on this.

With regards to feeding, the strategy is to feed 2X per day with rotifers/copepods that are seived first through 120 micron and then collected in via 10 micron...so the size range of any live foods offered should be 10-119 microns The cultures themselves are going to be feed TWICE per day with stored live phyto mix containing roughly equal parts Tetraselmis, Nannochloris, Nannochloropsis and 1/2 the Isocrysis (I'm still ramping up this culture). We're also going to add some (But not a lot) to the larval tank, more to keep the foods going vs. going a "greenwater" route. There's already a fair copepod population in this tank from prior feedings (I'll never be able to get rid of them without sterlizing it) and there is some "gunk" as well so hopefully things will work out.

I'm going to keep the larvae in the Kriesel but tonight (next 15 minutes or so) will be releasing the larvae from the "Stirrer" as there's no easy way to feed items that are in it and I have it turned off. Renee will try to feed both the main tank AND the kriesel.

That about sums up the battle plan. I PM'd RSMAN to get any additional info he might be able to provide (not sure if he CAN divulge info or not)...anyway...RSMAN, I know you've done it, so any help you CAN provide, by all means please do

Wish us (and especially those larvae) lots of luck! Sounds like if we can get them to 14 days we're GOLD...baby brine is EASY from that point!

MP