View Single Post
Old 12/31/2007, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

qfrisco, I have found that if I stir up my sand and try to kick up some detritus then I can see the webbing a whole lot better because they catch the small particles and haul them in. Try to become an expert on what they look like so that you can spot them for removal. Super glue on the tip of them does kill them, but I have too many to effectively do that on my rock. My friend has tried epoxy with some success. I do have them growing "amidst" one of my acroporas. It's tube extends out from the acro, the acro keeps trying to encrust it, and the vermetid keeps lengthening it's shell. I think as long as the tube can access the water they can still eat, poop, and reproduce which is all these guys do.

Also beware of any zoas that are staying closed for like a whole day. Their may be some of the mucous irritating them and that is the beginning of the end.

Tiger, I like the suggestion of decrease feeding, unfortunatly I don't have any fish in my tank, so I'm not really feeding anyhow. I used to use reef chilli but I stopped since I've been trying to kill the vermetid. They seem to be living off the water and hermit poop. I do supplement with Reef Plus, Reef Complete, and Reef Carbonate. I don't know if that may be a food source for these guys.

Also I do a 20% water change weekly.

I will also mention if you suspect that you have some, check your plumming. I have vermetids in my tubing and in my pumps.