View Single Post
Old 11/13/2007, 03:43 AM
El Jefe de WRS

I said it when I saw them in person 'those things are dead'. I posted it here on RC as well, and got arguments from all sorts about how 'I know someone who works there and they have the most state of the art vet staff and scientists taking care of them'... yeah... like the Japanese didnt when they tried... lol. The record is 5-6 years in captivity... for a fish that lives many many times that.

All I can say is: told you so. That place reminds me of Petco every time I am there.

Its a shame, and all I can say is I hope they do not try to get another. Sharks in general shouldnt be kept in captivity, the electrical interference they endure to their sensitive electrical systems is equal to us trying to sleep at a party.

Maybe they can make better use of that oceanarium for something else. They should put jewfish in there, and some other wicked cool fish you dont normally see or hear about (Like that guitarfish... that thing is coolest thing in there). I wonder if giant squid could live in there... lol. A mola mola would be another one. Manta?