View Single Post
Old 02/01/2006, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Well, I received my Johnsoni fairy wrasses today. I got them at about 9AM this morning. I proceeded to unpack them and start the slow process of acclimation. The fish were packed excellently by Brian @ Twilight Aquatics.Double bagged with a newspaper ring surrounding the bag to promote total darkness for the fish to relax and sleep. The bags where placed inside a foam cooler box which also sat inside of another box. When I pulled the fish out of the bag and placed them in the specimen cup they were totally asleep with mucus cocoons around them....totally relaxed and breathing gently. After about a 2 hour acclimation process I placed them in their tank in another specimen cup that has slits to promote the aquarium water to flow through the cup. The fish perked up quickly and they slowly started to get their color after being asleep for so long a time.
Late this afternoon I placed some mysis shrimp in their cup and both the male & female ate like pigs. This is a testament to great collection procedures by Brian and his dive partners. A gently collected fish always responds well to the transition to an aquarium.

I have been taking pictures throughout this whole process and I hope to have them up here soon. Sorry, I had a little bit of a family emergency this afternoon that set me back with this. But I'll get the pictures up soon.

Once again Brian.........Awesome service!