View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 02:37 AM
Registered Member

12/14/2007 - 6 Days Old

Just 6 days since the release and they already look bigger:

If you look real carefully in the second pic, you can see both Banggai parents still keeping watch on their brood through the glass of the display (look to the far left past the algae covered siphon tube and through all that salt creep) - along with a few other fish who are looking in and thinking "lunch!"

These little buggers are fat ; they still get fed 3 to 4 times a day with live baby brine... I would say they seem to have grown 2 or 3 mm in size already. They seem to know they are "safe" in the nursery, as they no longer hide in the corners of the tank but now school right in the center of the nursery. When I walk past the tank a few even swim towards the top like they know that's where the food comes from

And so far this plumbed-in nursery tank idea is working beautifully... no organic build up in the nursery; no pesky water changes needed, everybody is doing great! About the only bad thing is the salt creep that has developed in between the 2 tanks; I noticed that my powerhead return piping has a tiny leak and once in a while a drop of water drips down and hits the glass... when it eveaporates it leaves a tiny salt spot. Over time, it becomes a little larger and makes for a sloppier appearance.

Once the babies are out I will take apart that (homemade) return piping and actually glue it together to eliminate the leak.

But - other than that - I'd say it turned out great
modded CSS220 Skimmer
165 lb LR / 3/4" full Plenum / 5" DSB