Thread: Salt mix poll
View Single Post
Old 10/26/2007, 11:20 PM
][D][][V][][D

Quote:
Originally posted by schigara
Has anyone ever taken a real world set of tests of any salt mix, with all the basic tests for a reef and come away saying, "I don't have to buffer anything!!"? Alk, PH, Ca, Mg, etc. etc , all are in very good balance and not thinking in the slightest, that one or the other might need to be upped a bit?

Is this too much to be asked? I mean seriously, we are paying $30-80 per 5 gallon bucket for a mix of the cheapest things on the planet and none that I have heard of, have gotten it right!!

Ofcourse this is a specialized hobby and we all expect to get screwed when it comes to price but one would think the screwing in quality, would be on the lower price range and the ones who didn't want to pay extra for any buffers at all, could pay the higher price(70-80bucks) for a perfectly balanced salt. I am talking only about when the salt has just been mixed with ro/di and before entering any tank. We all know certain tanks will have different loads and consume more of one thing than the other but is it too much to expect to start out with everything needed????
true dat!