View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 08:26 PM
T5 Reefer

Yes the trap is put in there to stop waste gasses from entering the residence through the waste line. I don't see how adding a couple gallons per hour of water down the line after the trap would change anything. I suggested the Uniseal as a way to simply plumb the waste water into the waste drain line without the risk of anything unwanted leaking out. It would be a perfectly fine solution and Uniseals are pressure rated. I don't know why you would say a rubber grommet is complicated.
On my basement RO system I just have the waste running down the fishroom sink drain.

Good luck to the OP with your project.

Quote:
Originally posted by wife no likey
As previously stated, I highly doubt that adding a few extra feet of tube will significantly change the restriction.

You can easily test it before prior to permanently putting the drain line in place. If it does change the flow, get an adjustable restrictor as AZ recommends.

But all this about uniseals and the like seems pretty ridiculous to me. You should have the line enter above a trap. You know there is a reason for the things after all

Just another example on this site of the complete over complication to what should be mundane tasks.

Pete