View Single Post
Old 08/28/2001, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

Hello Smokinreefer

Did you get the exact same pair that I bought? Were they already together when you bought them? So far they haven't really paired up yet, although the goby is getting less and less shy. He doesn't really hide anymore. I noticed that the pistol shrimp has started digging around already.

I once had a mantis shrimp in my tank before, but fortunately it disappeared a while ago. I wonder if my dwarf lion ate him. I don't know what happened to him though, just glad it is gone.

I was wondering if the pistol shrimp makes any noise. Recently I've been hearing the cracking sound that the mantis shrimp used to make, but it is not as frequent. I hope I don't have another mantis shrimp. If I did, wouldn't it have killed my peppermint shrimps or other things?

Speaking of peppermint shrimps, I noticed the other night that a lot of little shrimp looking like babies were floating around the tank after the lights turned off. Could these be baby peppermints? They disappear during the day when the lights come on.

Happy reefing!