View Single Post
Old 02/09/2005, 09:20 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by dcoufal
Ummm.... is that being directed at me?

I didn't set the rules. The hospital board did.

The "butt-huts" were removed on 12/31/04 - which had previously been the "approved" smoking areas. I always tried to stay at least 50 ft away from them and always up wind.....

There had been *many* complaints from patient's about their RT's/Nurses/etc. "reeking" of smoke. Though, I don't see how that'll change by telling the employees they can only smoke in their cars.... Seems like it would be even stronger now.

The hospital has been very supportive in offering quit-smoking classes, greatly discounted drugs, etc. to help their employees quit.

On a more personal note:
I have never smoked and quite frankly don't see the point in wasting the money to do it - and, the smell usually triggers a migraine for me.

My wife smoked some from 15 or 16 till she turned 18. She said there wasn't a point in doing it once it was legal for her to do it.
nope not directed at you - I agree that smoking should be banned around hospitals - But where it is allowed I dont think people should be attacked - just an opion - nothing personally towards you.

Also - Smoke doesnt give you a migraine it just gives you a bad headache - Smoke constricts blood vessels which makes it hard for your body to carry oxygen to your brain etc... - That is not a migraine. Trust me I've had a few migraines.