View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by juniormc8704
Here it is plain and simple.

These corals are extremely difficult to collect (as they are collected substantially deeper than your acros, zoos, etc.)

They are hard to identify at these depths as to color, color combination, and from what I've been told hard to remove in general.

Also, you are not paying someone 30 cents a day to dive as you might be able to in other parts of the word.

Shipping is substantially higher.

Weather in the collection area.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

A retailer has every right the charge whatever they want, and its the consumer reasonability to evaluate weather or not they like a particular piece enough to pay the asking price. No one should be bashing a retailer for prices, you may disagree their worth, but that's your opinion, nothing more.

You would likely be blown away how many "OK" colonies that bought at a premium just to have chance to buy the Ultra AAA stuff. They have to make up their margins when buying pieces that don't have that "WOW" factor, and are lucky to move them at cost.

These are the type of things retailer have to deal with to get good corals. Buy 10 AA colonies, and we will give you 1 Ultra.

People complain when you don't have the best of best, but then complain when they have to pay extreme prices to get them.
Not understanding what is involved in acquiring the ultra premium corals.

Its easy to sit here and complain about prices, but it is what it is. Im sure no one expects to sell out of a 800 a polyp coral very fast, but when you have jump through a million hoops to get it, are you supposed to then just give it away?

Again I say....this thread is pointless.