View Single Post
Old 09/18/2007, 08:26 PM
g l a s s b o x

Quote:
It's not apples to oranges. The injection technique is the same. The chamber size is smaller and GPH throughput is lower which is compensation for pump size. Pumps can be sized accordingly for head height. And, I wouldnt use a mag 3 anyway. I would use a better pressure rated pump.
they do use the same injection technology, but it's like using a becket for a HOB....just not logical for a small scale particularly when the pump is sitting inside the tank. as gph lowers, air input lowers by even more...

Quote:
the mce works OK, but for $500 is way too costly.
i'd argue that it works very well, much more than ok i also applaud them from a business perspective at pricing their skimmers effectively. clearly people are willing to buy it, myself included, and clearly people continue to buy their products "high prices" and all.

bottom line even with the price, per dollar performance is great and I am very happy with my purchase. if you have the money i highly suggest them for HOB applications.

fwiw, i just got home from work and the collection cup is full from over feeding lately

"i like bubbly, and i love animals - so it works out well"

"there are a lot of people out there who think they have a modern house simply because they have alot of steel in it"