View Single Post
Old 09/18/2007, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Over the course of a day I feed my 65g (first tank I put pictures up of) a cube of mysis by SF bay, a cube of Carnivore Cuisine by SF bay, a cube of Emerald Entree by SF Bay, a squirt of Artic Pods from Reeds, and either some Dt's or alternate phyto. It's three smaller meals over the course of the day.

I feed so much now because the tank is still new and the critter life just isn't up there yet.

The bioload for the tank is 3 fish, a pair of peppermints, and 5 snails, as well as the corals you see.

I used all the rock from a previous setup. Cooked it for 5 months, then turned down the temp and let it be a pod culture which I actively took care of for another couple of months. After everything was in the tank the only inhabitant in the first couple of months was a pair of peppermint shrimp. Once everything looked good I moved thefrags I was growing from my 20g to the display, as well as the pink spotted watchman.

The tank that looks like the macro forest from it's own post was running for a few years and had a 20g refugium underneath it. That tank was fed 6 live ghost shrimp a day. Contents were a seahorse, a pair of firefish, a six line wrasse, a lawn mower blenny, a yasha goby,and a manderin. There was also two pairs of peppermints, and several snails (don't quite remember the numbers). Upon tearing down the tank I did find a good sized thorny oyster in the refugium that I never knew was there. Being more established it was able to produce it's own foods. Everything was fat and happy . All the fish that lived in that tank were there for over two years.

Is that a really long anwser to your question?
HIS OPINIONS COURAGEOUSLY AND HONESTLY