View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 07:41 AM
Registered Member

I have found that those threads that get lots of coverage seem to have several things in common:

1. Anything of meaning said to the thread owner (questions, comments, remarks, jokes, etc) get an answer, addressed to the person making the statement. If a person is going to take their time to read your (or someone elses) thread and then make comments on it, you want to recognize that effort.

2. Unless appropriate these threads try to steer away from simply statements or responses. When asking questions, be detailed, throw out YOUR thoughts. Speak from the heart.

3. I have noticed that interesting build threads are not simply about the build but about the people. I have built several tanks and have chosen not to do a build thread for the simple fact that I am not very interesting I find that it takes a great amount of dedication and time to keep one going.

Some other observations: There are many people, like myself, who are indeed reading your thread, check you numbers. Perhaps, like me, they are waiting for the right time and place to chime in. I think you thread started out very good, you were discriptive, spoke more and TyP3d less. Notice on your first page how many people were tagging along. They are still out there, just be yourself, speak your mind, answer all questions, ponder deep thoughts, etc You've only been around for a month or so people are still trying to figure you out. The more your talk the more they will figure you out the more they will follow.

Yet I ramble --Good Luck and I'll continue reading your thread --landlord