View Single Post
Old 10/15/2007, 02:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rottface4
I was wondering if you could also elaborate on some details of the systems.
You have my aquarium setup the beginnig of the this thread. Which part you want details?

Quote:
And some of the maintenance you do to the system.
System maintenace:

Daily : Water movement control, equipments operation control, automatic trace elements addition (GroTech ABC), topping off automatically evaporated water, fish and corals visual control, feed fish and corals. Time spent: 10 minutes

weekly : Clean protein skimmers, cleaning algae off the viewing windows, clean salt spray on the edges of the tank, tests (calcium, magnesium and alkalinity), strontium addition, refill up kalk reactor, Spray Rizophoras with osmosis water. Time spent: 1 hour

Every two weeks: water changes about 5%, siphoning detritus, harvest algae from algae filters. time spent: 1 hour

Monthly: Test phosfates, clean and calibrate probes, refill up calcium reactor media, change activated carbon media, change resin anti-phos, clean kalk reactor, clean light reflectors and light protections from salt sprays. Time spent: 90 minutes

Every six months : Lamp replacement, pump maintenance, coral harvest / pruning. Time spent: variable

Quote:

Also what ballast are you running your t5s on? are you overdriving them? Which reflectors are you using?
Electronic ballasts. No, I'm not overdriving ballasts. Most are Arcadia and I have some DIY.

Quote:
I am also interested in the turf scrubbing system.
In the Rizophora tank I have algae filter with Caulerpa prolifera, C. taxifolia and some Chaetomorpha in mud substrate. I harvest algae from algae filters every two weeks.

Cheers