View Single Post
Old 09/11/2005, 06:09 AM
Premium Member

Hey Chris

Quote:
Originally posted by hamburglar
A picture of my greenhouse was recently used at IMAC. The presenter actually downplayed the durability of my budget system.............. The presenter who downplayed the durability of my system had glass tanks in a plastic film greenhouse. I will just let common sense convey the point of this rant.
Uhhhh....the presenter would be me

Let me clarify now

Chris, I gave you a copy of my slideshow, and my notes for presentation, which I didnt follow word for word. My notes stated that you are limited with this kind of setup for its durability and exposure to harsh weather which is very true especially when you are speaking to people from all over the globe. Most of the people that I know that are setting up greenhouses for this type of operation are in florida and one of the major concerns is the durability of extreme weather conditions (hurricanes, tornadoes etc) while you are a very small part of the picture I was trying to portray, your setup definately deserves merit. It just cannot be applied to all locales, was the point I was trying to get across. Greenhouses can sustain winds from 70mph - 140mph+ depending on the design structure, and anchoring systems. Building codes are different for each city, state, or governing officials in the area. I truely hope your greenhouse sustains weather conditions in its areas for your lifetime+ but I also think it wouldnt stand a chance where I live....Just think even if you had one of the toughest greenhouse's on the market and you where in Gulfport Miss. right before hurricane katrina? I think you get my point. I dont think I downplayed your setup, I just stated that I thought it was not for every region. Hope that helps you understand a little bit more.