View Single Post
Old 12/10/2007, 03:41 PM
My reef is my fix :-D

Quote:
Originally posted by Whisperer
SDguy, did not know you've got some nice shroom collection too. Do they spread fast like the purple ones? (I got a couple of purple ones from gcantu a few months back and they just took off. I must have at least 10 now. Good thing, I used a large oyster shell to attach them, so they are isolated from the rest of the rocks).BTW, how is your turquoise polyp stag doing? Mine is starting to shoot a lot of branches at the tip. Still very small polyp extension in the daytime but long at night. Must be a nocturnal.
I friend gave me a single purple mushroom. Split into 4 already and the one original was just stretching and leaning all over my other corals. I sold the rock a week ago. Too prolific for my taste.

These fancy colored ones don't seem to reproduce very quickly at all, which is a shame since they are the ones people want frags of most.

The ORA turquoise stag is doing well...awesome color. It's been moved a few times, so hasn't really been growing too quickly. I've noticed the same thing as you...no polyp extension during the day. Very strange. Just bright turquoise bumps where the polyps should be. Here's a pic...it's the one on the right side. Sorry all for the thread hijack

Click my red house to see my tank :-)